June 12 — Project Work Day
Green Crew Project Work Day!
Sunday, June 12,
Morning Service Projects: 9:00-11:30
Afternoon Service Projects: 12:30-3:30
Green Crew Chapter House
6601 Auto Club Drive, Bloomington MN
Let’s roll up our sleeves, get dirt under our nails, break a sweat, sing some songs — and make a difference for the environment. There are several Green Crew projects which need a little extra attention to pull them “over the finish line.”
Morning Service Projects
Join us on a crew with one of these three projects:
- Hedge Planting: There are several spots along the trail where a natural barrier is needed to protect sensitive areas. We will be planting native plants to manage the flow of traffic and guide use back to designated areas.
- Railing Building: The tent platform built in May is already being used! It has become a favorite resting spot for those seeking a quiet place to read, meditate or do yoga. Unfortunately, one corner ended up being a little higher than we expected. To keep folks safe we need to install a railing. Join this team to do some minor construction!
- Fire Platform Upgrade: The new fire platform is awesome. We are so excited to have it for hosting campfires, cookouts, skits, and songs. After the tiles were laid, the Crew members realized that it may work better- -and last longer as a mosaic. So come help us break up the tiles, make a flat secure foundation, and relay the pieces in a wonderful pattern. Who said that service couldn’t be fun?
Service Event — Afternoon
After lunch there are three more projects to work on:
- Platform Staining: Now we have the platform, and with the new railing (done in the morning) we will be ready to stain it. We will be weatherproofing it — as well as ensuring that it aesthetically fits into its surroundings.
- Bench Placement: The benches have been moved and placed around the campfire to support our classroom. We now need to identify where will be their home, and create a solid level spot for them to be placed. A little digging. A little leveling. A little rock. Some sand. And then we will be good to go!
- Barn Cleanout: The little red barn is ready to be all cleaned out and taken over by the Green Crew! Let’s give it the first good cleaning — floors, walls, and junk.
Note: We have multiple inside projects if it rains. Do not fear, the Green Crew will be here!